Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Substitute re/design

I've decided that I want to substitute one of my original designs (the employee handbook) for a website design. Obviously, I'm not redeveloping a website; I'm just proposing a new design. The reason I want to substitute is because the employee handbook I was planning to redesign really didn't include a lot of color. The website redesign, however, opens a lot of doors when it comes to color.

The website is Alexandra & Company, a manufacturer of novelty sorority items and a division of Stephen Joseph, Inc. Right now, I don't think the website looks like it caters to sororities unless you read some of the text. I think it looks like it caters to young teenage girls. The color combination is lacking, and the text is hard to read. Plus, the menu is on the right side of the page, and that's my biggest issue with the site.

I think a lot of this site can be cleaned up to produce a look that caters to its intended audience while keeping a little playfulness. It just needs to be cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment